Hilary Page doesn’t just re-hash information from others. She researches, does her own tests, comes to her own conclusions and gives original insights.
Her information is available in her articles that you can read on line. Other articles are available for purchase.
For a copy of Hilary Page’s article on COLOR entitled “Understanding the Three Primaries” Fall 2000 American Artists’ “Watercolor” issue reprint (8 pages) send S3.00+S&H -see orderform
Click HERE to read “Update” which describes the latest paints (including American Journey and Cotman paints) that have been introduced since “Hilary Page’s Guide to Watercolor Paints” was published in 1997. The information in both the Guide and Update will SAVE YOU MONEY because you will avoid buying duplicate paints! Note: Her Guide costs less than two tubes of artists’ paint!”
Click HERE to read my article on “The Difference between Visual and Mixing Complements”.
Click HERE to read my article on “Sunflowers and Trumpets: A Demonstration using Daniel Smith’s Watercolor Interference Paints”.
It is possible to purchase copies of articles listed below. Email me for the individual cost. or call me 713 467 8709. Also see the orderform provided.
For a FREE copy of Hilary Page’s Guide to Watercolor Paints Update Lists send your request & include your snail mail address via e-mail to
LIST OF ARTICLES
Painting Portraits in Watermixable Oils – Summer 2016
Features – Spring 2018
Drawing and painting the human form. Published in The Artist UK www.painters-online.co.uk
THE ARTICLES ON THE PORTRAIT AND FIGURE FORM THE BACKBONE OF HILARY PAGE’S LATEST BOOK PORTRAITS RIGHT FROM THE START.
The portrait and figure articles cover invaluable tips for all who draw and paint the figure and work from a model. No. of pages per article in bold face type.
- Introducing the figure-working with and from a model (4) (July ’11)
- The figure- Drawing what we see (3) (Aug’11)
- Practical tips on drawing the model (4) (Sept’11)
- The model: Working with Tonal value and color (4) (Oct’11)
- Depicting the model in watercolor- (6); brief step by step demonstrations (4) (Nov’11)
- Artistic Anatomy: The skeleton: Making a skeleton (4) (Dec’11)
- Learning the Muscles: Making an ecorche (4) (Jan’12)
- Painting Children The Artist UK (3) (Nov’12)
- Painting the Elderly The Artist UK (May’13)
- The Features The Artist UK (Sept’13)
Seven Articles Feb-Aug 2010 The Artist UK. This is a wonderful set of articles that will give you the essential foundation for seeing and drawing and watercolor painting.
- Color/ Mixing and Watercolor/ Techniques: Misty Mountain Demo. (4) (Feb’10)
- Massing: Shadow Characteristics of the Sphere: Onion Demonstration: (4) (Mar’10)
- Characteristics of Cylindrical Forms: Demonstration “Birches”: (4) (April’10)
- Perspective;Building and the Block Explained- One, Two and Three Point! Buildings: Demonstration (2)
- Two Point Perspective building-Hastingleigh Stores (4) (May’10)
- UnderstandingReflections and the pyramid. Demo: Water and Rocks (4) (June’10)
- Working with grids; Also understanding the Cone shape as in Amaryllis blooms (4) (July’10)
- The Foot (4) The Artist UK Oct. 2007
- Foreshortening and the Figure (4) The Artist UK November 2007
- Proportion and the Human Figure, (4) The Artist UK Dec. 2007
- Hand part 1 (3 pages) The Artist UK, Oct.,2006
- Hand part 2 (3 pages) Nov. 2006 Dec
- Old and Young – (3 pages) 2006
- Figure It Out – continuation of the 2001 series
- American Artist: Watercolor fall 2000 The Three Primary Palette (10 pages for $3.00 SPECIAL!)
- The Artist UK, Oct., Nov., Dec. 2001 Figure It Out (11 pages)
- American Watercolor issue: Hilary Page’s Master Triangle- Evaluating The New Watercolor Paints
- Watercolor ’96 fall (3)
- American Artist: Watercolor ’94 summer Color Effects & Phenomena (8)
- American Artist: Watercolor ’90 fall Watercolor Society By-Laws (3 b&w)
- The Artist UK, Oct. & Nov. ’96- Just Four Tubes of Paint (6)
- The Artist UK, Sept ’97 New Paints in Paintings (5)
- The Artist UK ,The Colour Page(s) ’98
- Colour Dominance (1) Jan.’98
- Complementary Pairs (2) Feb.’98
- Cadmium Substitutes (1) March ’98
- The Quinacridones (1) April ’98
- Interference Paints (1) May ’98
- Testing Your Paints (1) June ’98
- The (Opaque)Titanates (1) July ’98
- Simultaneous Contrast (1) August ’98
- Artists versus Student Paints (1) Sept. ’98
- The Three Primary System (2) Oct. ’98
- The Six Paint Palette (2) Nov. ’98
- The Expanded Palette (2) Dec. ’98
- The Difference between Visual & Mixing Complements in Daniel Smith’s Inksmith: spring ’98
- Interference Watercolor Paints June 2002 Daniel Smith Inc (Click Articles WCO)
- Winsor & Newton Newsletter ’99 Four Paintings Art Insights www.winsornewton.com